Wednesday, November 14, 2007

YA RAHMAN

let it be my truth.
the first name of my Lover
is the heart of my desire.

Ya Rahman

may i make good
with Your Goodness.
may my deeds be sweet
as the habits of birds
greeting that first light.

Ya Rahman

let me wake to my desire
to please You as i reach
into the night

Ya Rahman

i awaken again
to the knowledge.
prayer is better
than sleep.

Ya Rahman

may my prayer be
beautiful as the dawn.

Ya Rahman

may every breath
of my prayer
scatter the seeds
of Your Goodness,

Ya Rahman,

throughout the world.

Ya Rahman

may i be so full of beneficence,
my entire being shimmers
with Divine Light.

Ya Rahman

this yearning
is a candle under the stars.

Ya Rahman

i know nothing of Your Goodness
unless i seek to make it the heart
of my heart, the breath of my breath,
the voice of my voice is Yours,
O Tenderly Beneficient One.

Ya Rahman
Ya Rahman
Ya Rahman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya Rahman!! This poem/prayer strikes the heart like a bell, the sweet sound fills the skies. I keep rereading it and want to dive into its clear and beauteous waters. I am in tears.

Ya Haqq!