Thursday, November 15, 2007

PAPA KNOWS

(lots of rough drafts spilling out of me today and i want to note them in the blog because they are my questions and answers about peace all at once)

bawa, my eyes are failing.
papa, i can't see.

papa, there is a veil
of words i put over God's words
and now i am too blind to read.
bawa, if i told them this,
they would take me to doctors
because all i want to tell them
is, "i have found the way to peace
is to let it be like rain."
cleanse me of my sins. bawa, am i crazy
to think it's as simple as bleeding
peace drop by drop no matter how hard
someone else bleeds for war?
am i wrong to love God more?

isn't it just to make love?
isn't it just to refuse anger
and replace it with this sweet dream
where no one is harmed, where everyone

sees
You
are
calling
us to be
Peace,
where
we
have
no
choice
but
to
be
children
drawn
to
Love?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so beautiful it gave me goosebumps of truth! You are a real poet, dear Sister :) I just love it. And it really is that simple.

Ya Haqq!

My Heart said...

it means a lot to have you come here to read my poems since i admire you so much as a writer and as a person.