Monday, January 21, 2008

LETTING GO OF THE POEM

there is nothing sweeter
than realizing every other hunger
is nothing more than fear.
the words we utter to fill us
in the silence are lost.
in God, that silence is nectar.
and, yes, we may battle
the meaningless for a lifetime.
not every habit can be broken,
but recall His mercy.
He knows you think
you need to be a poet,
a poet, who must craft poems
before he can let them go
then loses track of the reason
he wrote...
your words don't matter any more
and that is the beauty of Love.
do you hear Him in your shame
in your heart tonight?
this page is not blank.
why be so afraid you babble
in a languageless place?

5 comments:

CANDLELIZARDEGG said...

i see you make good poetry, mind if we exchange links?

Anonymous said...

What a priceless truth and beauty :)

Dear Sister, I pray you find the silence you seek, though we would be bereft of your words.

Ya Haqq!

My Heart said...

hi gerald, sure!

My Heart said...

brother irving,

thank you. it is so hard for me to view my writing as a desire to do God's will. i get lost in my self and my need to contribute and create.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Thank-you for sharing this.