Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WHEN YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SMELLS THE ROSE

i don't know
what i'm saying,
but Allah does.
the mystery
of not knowing
is enough
when revelation
turns like this dance
with God on my tongue.

my BeLoved, why
does the essence
of the rose
shower me now
from the depths
of my soul
as if i dream
myself into a new
sense of being?

i could fade
into it,
couldn't i?
i am senseless,
changing with faith,
etched
on my heart,
leading me into
death of self,
the fragrance,
the dance,
the mystery
of this language
leads to death
of flesh.

i breathe the Language
to be made pure
with Your Love.
i chant Your Names
again and again
until i lose all
but my call to You within.

(last revision: 10/24/07)

*footnote: see Divine Remembrance for the experience that led to this poem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We dream of beauty to the eyes and the nose when we think of God. The smell of the rose comes back carried by the breeze of our subconscious from eternity :) A lovely poem.

I will have to think of some new adjectives for you :)

Ya Haqq!