Friday, May 2, 2008

learning to...

jotting down words
meaningless without You
and there are no words
to describe what happened
when my life opened up
the scent of my soul
like the dawn

why have you forgotten punctuation?
the teachers ask

i tell them
i haven't

where are the poems?
friends ask

nowhere
i say
and everywhere
why are you asking?

you have changed
my mother sighs

mama
i am in Love
thats all
nothing
else
i

pick up an eraser
and Allah erases
who i was
and
Allah builds
my new life
with faith
with hope

did i make a mistake?
i ask when i look
in the mirror
and my heart opens
and i know
certainly

only through Him
i am

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly I feel now .
I too am getting to know Allah ,
and the children of Allah , through an angel.

I am flying far away from all
that was past.

akash

My Heart said...

:) may Allah bestow many blessings upon you!!!

Fatima said...

Salaam,

I just came across your blog through Irving Karchmar's blog.

I can honestly say that I have never read poetry that has touched me this much. Thank you for writing.

Fatima

Anonymous said...

Just extraordinary :) You really get to the heart of it, dearest Sister, and that is the beauty and grace in your poems :)

May Allah bless your pen.

Ya Haqq!

My Heart said...

thank you to you both, fatima and darvish. i feel very moved by your comments and humbled, knowing God gives me words to share.