Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Touching Faith

you have your doubt
because doubt
is the bars of a cage
you believe in.
you see only
a blurred world of illusion.
still gently as the breath prays
the soul dreams its way
out of every prison people create,
including the fear
that leads to lack of belief.
Lover, it's your heart we seek
inside our own. you have felt
the breath of Him on your skin
until you named it wind.
how can we know
we dress things in our own
sense of limitation?

if i placed a star in the palm of your hand,
you would feel the way
the earth feels when it becomes
a mother to a forest of seeds.
behold the star now.
if you believe it
is what you view from earth,
balance it in the palm of your hand.
if you can't, you have touched Truth,
allowing your heart the faith
of the entire universe.

(a rough draft still in progress)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, dear Sister Annie, if this is a rough draft, I can't wait to read the final version :) I especially loved this:

we dress things in our own
sense of limitation?

How true!

Love to you and your family :)

Ya Haqq!

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back here and rereading the "rough draft" and am always moved by its beauty. Inshallah, you will give me permission to repost the final draft on Darvish :)

Ya Haqq!

My Heart said...

thank you, brother. i'd be honored if you posted it on your blog as this "final draft" :) .

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! :)

Jafar Alam said...

This poem is beautiful ... Brother Darvish took the words from my mouth ... Sister, if you don't mind, I would love to add a link to your blog from mine.

My Heart said...

salaam aida and jafar alam,

thank you so much for reading my poem and leaving a comment.

yes, jafar, i would be honored if you linked to it! alhamdulillah!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! just what I needed to read... a great reminder at rought times! thanks Love.Peace lady for allowing me to discover your blog

Anonymous said...

This is truly a beautiful piece of poetry. I first read it on darvish's blog, and linked to yours. The other poems are great too. It reminds me of the importance of remembering that what I know is always subject to revision, especially what I know about the truth! Thanks again.

My Heart said...

dearest ruba and jason, it means so much that my words introduce me to people who i probably would never have met otherwise. Allah opens the way and provides the blessings of hearts finding each other.